The Nest ( my sewing room) update

Things are progressing slowly in the nest

In one of my favourite movies there is a line that goes like this

"Pick one room and make it yours. Go slowly through the house. Be polite, introduce yourself so it can introduce itself to you." - Frances Mayer, Under the Tuscan Sun

Whilst the nest is just one room, I am going slowly, being polite, introducing myself and letting the room guide me . . . .

Initially my tall boy was out in the room, but it did nt feel right so after gadget did a bit of work on it, it was tucked away into the wardrobe










Gadgets handy work

my old cotton reels , complete with their thread, made into draw knobs
Don t they look great . . . .

So why did nt the tall boy feel right?

Well because for the past 12 months my gorgeous meat safe from Nundle has been right beside my sewing cabinet and I missed it so now it s found a new spot in the Nest















My design wall is finished




No design wall






Design wall





Design wall in use

I really like my cosy little room, it is my little safe haven, my own special space
A place I can create and be creative in . . .


"I hope your hands are working on a project that you love"

Ciao




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Lorraine said…
I love the knobs on the tall boy drawers - very clever! Your room is looking good...it's great to spend some time playing in a room that is all yours - surrounded by all your "stuff" - enjoy!
Anonymous said…
very clever,love your room,enjoy.xx
Susan said…
It's coming along very nicely. Love the handles, and the design curtain is a great space saving idea. I hope you get to spend some more time in there.
Noela said…
The cotton reel knobs are very cute. A great design wall, very good size.
Love the meat safe too. Hugs.....
Cardygirl said…
Looks fabulous...love the knobs!
Khris78 said…
What a gorgeous sewing space..Happy Stitching !!!
Susan said…
Very clever about the cotton reels. A sewing space is very special...
Fiona said…
I loved Under the Tuscan Sky.... and I love your new room... looks the perfect creative space... what a great idea for handles on your tallboy (aaaah... I nearly wrote toyboy!!!)
Hugz
Very cute handles but I love the meat safe, so I would have chosen the same way! I expect an invite when I get home...Nic
Wendyb said…
I love that movie too!!!!! and I love the name of your blog.....my sentiments EXACTLY!!!!! hee hee.....sewing rooms are special places...they need to be functional but very special.....yours looks fab! I'm sure you'll get LOTS of inspiration and creations made in there!
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :O)
Sisbabestitches said…
Wonderful space, so pleased to have been shown around :) Will be holding onto your design wall idea, very clever! So many lovely, cute and unique touches :)
the nest is looking wonderful.......love the draw handles........

Popular Posts