Skip to main content

Feedly


As you all know a few months ago
Google announced that they were removing
google reader from it's services

i was initially unconcerned until i logged in one day and found that
i could no longer access google reader through the
google home page

i decided i needed to find an alternative
that i could use to check
all my favourite blogs
easily

so like a good computer addict
i googled it
i found this really informative post 

showing all the alternatives to google reader

i had a peep at a few of the alternatives but decided to give


a go mainly because i like the description 

" Its interface is less traditional and a bit more "newspaper-like," but it's very pretty. "

so because it was pretty i downloaded it

the  program downloaded this little button onto my safari  toolbar



i simply click on the button and
feedly opens up



you can view your blogs in a variety of ways
as a list


with a main photo



or in a larger format

Feedly is synced with blogger/google reader and added all the blogs that i currently follow

to comment on the blog you simply click on the title
and the blog opens in it's own window

it marks what you have read 
and only shows you what is new on the main page

i have found it very easy to use
easy to install
and you can even have a little play with the design so you can have your own background colours

and 
it also has it's own iphone app
so i can follow my blogs when i am out an about


so i am not saying you have to use feedly
and i am not saying that it is the best option to replace 
google reader

as to be fair i haven't tried the others
all i am saying is that
i have found it a really useful tool that has worked very well for me

i hope this helps anyone who is looking for an alternative to
google reader

i hope your hands are working on a project that you love

ciao




Comments

Anonymous said…
thankyou for that information.xx
Cheryll said…
Thanks Trish... all the info we can get helps us make good decisions! :)
Fiona said…
I've been wondering what to do... thanks for the information.... seems Feedly and Bloglovin are the most popular...
Hugz
you didn't show the pic of the full post feed page.........it looks pretty much like google reader when you do that.........and I went in and changed a few settings in it and I think i am happy with it now.........i'll keep flicking between it and google reader but the good thing for now is they update each other as I read thru one.........
Linda said…
I signed up for Feedly too;0)...have a great day!!

Popular posts from this blog

Toorale homestead - Louth

We set off from Bourke  , we had stayed the night at Kidmans camp , which was a lovely spot and headed off south to start the Datling River run. For the first few hours we didn’t see any river as our first destination was  TooraleHomestead The drive in was pretty good , lots of dust and a little bit of corrigation but really quite good  We seen some wildlife including an eagle  Bit blurry as it was taken through the windscreen of the car ,  Some Emu’s and kangaroos  The homestead itself is closed to the public except during school holidays ,so we didn’t get to go in but , we knew before we arrived that was the case and I was keen to see it anyway. Sir Samuel McCaughey in partnership with his Brother John and cousin purchased Toorale, Nocoleche and Dunlop station. Acquiring 800 000 acres of land and 130 000 sheep and 80 horses.  Eventually Samuel bought his brother and cousin out. He built the homestead in 1896 as a wedding gift to his niece. The golden years for the homestead were betw

Scrappy chook quilt

So I have been keeping this one under wraps, not on purpose mainly just because I have been a very lazy blogger. A few months ago, as most of you know I had a visit to chookyblue's place, whilst there I had the pleasure to sleep under some of her gorgeous quilts. But one in particular took my fancy I just loved the scrappiness of this quilt, the lovely colours but mainly just the simple design. So when I headed up to Nundle for my retreat, I sent the lovely Kerry a photo and she assured me she could pull together some lovely fabrics and guide me, to put this lovely quilt together. When I arrived at Nundle This lovely bundle of fabrics awaited me The girls and I used the black and white feature on the iPad to determine light medium and dark fabrics I spent 3/4 of the first day creating these squares, I think I frustrated Miss Joolz because I just could not be random, I had to be organised I didn't want to get end and end up wit

Burren junction - Brewarinna

Beds on Barwon We left Newcastle at a reasonable time on Friday morning not gadgets ( my husband) usual 4am start and headed west.  We really never planned this trip out as such we vaguely decided that sitting by a river with a fire was our plan , a chance to take a deep breathe and slow down our lives for a bit. Almost 13 years ago we were extremely fortunate to do the darling river run with some wonderful friends and thought that we would love to repeat that trip and hopefully see the Darling river with water this time.  However at this stage our plans are a little up in the air with the road to Louth currently closed due to rain and some of the national parks closed for the same reason. Soo where are we heading , not sure but wherever we are heading it will be an adventure. So on day one we drove to Burren Junction where we spent our first night of our adventure at a truck stop  This is our new travelling Duo Reggie ( car) and Ruby ( van) we decided last year it was time to say good