Skip to main content

Nundle 2014




Last weekend I headed up to Nundle for my annual retreat weekend at the Cottage on the hill.



Early Saturday morning and the machines are all lined up the fabric is cut and we are ready to go.



I decided I would start to make my nieces wedding's quilt. The pattern I chose was the disappearing pinwheel block from the Missouri star quilt company this is the link if you want to see how the block / quilt is made



Lucky for me Kerry did all of my cutting, and there was a lot of cutting. It was so fun to play with all the possible blocks i could make, we all stood around the table looking at the different possibilities



Then later that night we played with the blocks to see the different options of  how the quilt possibly  could look. the choice was put to the future bride and she chose top right.



one of the things I love is when a room full of quilters play with blocks and layouts, we spent many hours, twisting and turning blocks to see the different effects. Luckily we had Miss Jules to twist and turn the blocks for us.

Not surprisingly for me, I did nt leave Nundle with a finished quilt. But that's okay I wanted to pin my blocks on the design wall and mull over their placement . . . .


i like to take my time deciding . . . .
some would say i procrastinate . . . . a bit


this is where i am up to to date. . . . . well. . . . .  actually i ve done a Little more i currently just need to pin the last row up, (it's 6 x6) then decide on the final position then it's sew, sew, sew. . . . .

and i 'm sorry Ashton and Cameron
this is the last photo you will see
the rest is a surprise


"i hope your hands are working on a project that you love"



Googy Girl 



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad MINI



Comments

Cardygirl said…
The new quilt is looking great!
Your quilt top is looking great....
so pleased you had a fab time...
was such a fun weekend.......everyone's quilts were lovely.......goodluck finishing your wedding quilt.......
Fiona said…
Looks like a really fun weekend and I love the idea that your blocks get cut for you... your disappearing pinwheel quilt is going to be lovely...
Hugz
Anonymous said…
Hi Trish so good seeing all you girls having so much fun,love your blocks,you got lots done,thats awesome,enjoy your day my friend.xx
jfoster8 said…
Lovely quilt trish...
Susan said…
I think the bride chose well, I like that block too. It will be a stunning quilt.
Janice said…
It was such fun. Miss Jules even looks like she is playing twister. You are making great progress on your quilt.
Jenny said…
Love the stance on Miss Jules.
Looks like it's going to be a lovely quilt! Jules looks like she's about to do a floor routine in one of the photos!
Your quilt is lovely Trish.....a good job for Miss Jules LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

Toorale homestead - Louth

We set off from Bourke  , we had stayed the night at Kidmans camp , which was a lovely spot and headed off south to start the Datling River run. For the first few hours we didn’t see any river as our first destination was  TooraleHomestead The drive in was pretty good , lots of dust and a little bit of corrigation but really quite good  We seen some wildlife including an eagle  Bit blurry as it was taken through the windscreen of the car ,  Some Emu’s and kangaroos  The homestead itself is closed to the public except during school holidays ,so we didn’t get to go in but , we knew before we arrived that was the case and I was keen to see it anyway. Sir Samuel McCaughey in partnership with his Brother John and cousin purchased Toorale, Nocoleche and Dunlop station. Acquiring 800 000 acres of land and 130 000 sheep and 80 horses.  Eventually Samuel bought his brother and cousin out. He built the homestead in 1896 as a wedding gift to his niece. The golden years for the homestead were betw

Scrappy chook quilt

So I have been keeping this one under wraps, not on purpose mainly just because I have been a very lazy blogger. A few months ago, as most of you know I had a visit to chookyblue's place, whilst there I had the pleasure to sleep under some of her gorgeous quilts. But one in particular took my fancy I just loved the scrappiness of this quilt, the lovely colours but mainly just the simple design. So when I headed up to Nundle for my retreat, I sent the lovely Kerry a photo and she assured me she could pull together some lovely fabrics and guide me, to put this lovely quilt together. When I arrived at Nundle This lovely bundle of fabrics awaited me The girls and I used the black and white feature on the iPad to determine light medium and dark fabrics I spent 3/4 of the first day creating these squares, I think I frustrated Miss Joolz because I just could not be random, I had to be organised I didn't want to get end and end up wit

Burren junction - Brewarinna

Beds on Barwon We left Newcastle at a reasonable time on Friday morning not gadgets ( my husband) usual 4am start and headed west.  We really never planned this trip out as such we vaguely decided that sitting by a river with a fire was our plan , a chance to take a deep breathe and slow down our lives for a bit. Almost 13 years ago we were extremely fortunate to do the darling river run with some wonderful friends and thought that we would love to repeat that trip and hopefully see the Darling river with water this time.  However at this stage our plans are a little up in the air with the road to Louth currently closed due to rain and some of the national parks closed for the same reason. Soo where are we heading , not sure but wherever we are heading it will be an adventure. So on day one we drove to Burren Junction where we spent our first night of our adventure at a truck stop  This is our new travelling Duo Reggie ( car) and Ruby ( van) we decided last year it was time to say good