Skip to main content

Sydney craft show twenty sixteen


Early Saturday morning miss S and I headed down to Sydney to see the craft show. It was my first time at the glebe Island venue


I had planned to catch the bus from Central. But Miss S suggested the ferry I was so  glad she did it was really lovely cruising around the harbour


The glebe Island venue, looked small from the outside.... But  it was truly like the tardis




Inspired by Cardygirl I purchased a cross stitch, I have not done one of these for years. So I went small.... It's pretty cute and I m excited to have a go. I purchased this kit from Karen at Linen and Threads and I just want to say how absolutely lovely an experience it was, she was so very very helpful that when I decide to purchase a kit again, I will be contacting Karen.


The rest of my purchases. Some super cute scissors. My red led light...which the scissor man assured me charges faster because it s red.... Lol

Some fabric for my double wedding ring and MSG quilts. Some pounce powder and  binding clips.
I also had a really lovely long chat with Karen from Somerset patchwork. Somerset is always one of
my favourite shops.  She was just so lovely she happily helped me plan my Europe sewing project.  I was also fortunate enough to meet Di Ford who was very friendly and had a bit of a chat with us, happily answered all of Miss S 's questions about hand piecing.

Of course it was all made perfect because I got to have lunch with my gorgeous friend Cristie, who was working on the Bernina stand.

It was a wonderful day made all the better by the joy on my daughter's face.  To share something I enjoy with someone I love and see their joy just fills your heart.

Ciao 

Googy girl


"Life is like a cup of tea, it s all in how you make it"

Comments

Susan said…
I agree that the ferry ride really adds to the enjoyment of the day. How lovely for you to share it with your daughter too (I am a teeny bit envious). I also had superb and friendly service from both Karen's. Are you doing star a day for your holiday project?
As lolvely lovely day...curious now as to what your Europe project is!
Raewyn said…
Sounds like a fabulous day!!
Fiona said…
friends, fabric and fun -- sounds perfect..
Hugz
Jenny said…
It all looks so good
Show and Tell said…
Looks like a lovely day out, might meet you there next year xxx
Dawnie said…
I was inspired after reading your blog post Trish that contacted Karen and said that I learnt of her after reading about it on someone who had visited her at the craft show and said how helpful she was . She has now put a kit together for me. I now wait for me postie to deliver. I too havent done cross stitch for quite sometime, but linen being my favourite medium thought i would like a project to have on standby for when I get a few moments and for when i want another diversion.

Popular posts from this blog

Toorale homestead - Louth

We set off from Bourke  , we had stayed the night at Kidmans camp , which was a lovely spot and headed off south to start the Datling River run. For the first few hours we didn’t see any river as our first destination was  TooraleHomestead The drive in was pretty good , lots of dust and a little bit of corrigation but really quite good  We seen some wildlife including an eagle  Bit blurry as it was taken through the windscreen of the car ,  Some Emu’s and kangaroos  The homestead itself is closed to the public except during school holidays ,so we didn’t get to go in but , we knew before we arrived that was the case and I was keen to see it anyway. Sir Samuel McCaughey in partnership with his Brother John and cousin purchased Toorale, Nocoleche and Dunlop station. Acquiring 800 000 acres of land and 130 000 sheep and 80 horses.  Eventually Samuel bought his brother and cousin out. He built the homestead in 1896 as a wedding gift to his niece. The golden years for the homestead were betw

Scrappy chook quilt

So I have been keeping this one under wraps, not on purpose mainly just because I have been a very lazy blogger. A few months ago, as most of you know I had a visit to chookyblue's place, whilst there I had the pleasure to sleep under some of her gorgeous quilts. But one in particular took my fancy I just loved the scrappiness of this quilt, the lovely colours but mainly just the simple design. So when I headed up to Nundle for my retreat, I sent the lovely Kerry a photo and she assured me she could pull together some lovely fabrics and guide me, to put this lovely quilt together. When I arrived at Nundle This lovely bundle of fabrics awaited me The girls and I used the black and white feature on the iPad to determine light medium and dark fabrics I spent 3/4 of the first day creating these squares, I think I frustrated Miss Joolz because I just could not be random, I had to be organised I didn't want to get end and end up wit

Burren junction - Brewarinna

Beds on Barwon We left Newcastle at a reasonable time on Friday morning not gadgets ( my husband) usual 4am start and headed west.  We really never planned this trip out as such we vaguely decided that sitting by a river with a fire was our plan , a chance to take a deep breathe and slow down our lives for a bit. Almost 13 years ago we were extremely fortunate to do the darling river run with some wonderful friends and thought that we would love to repeat that trip and hopefully see the Darling river with water this time.  However at this stage our plans are a little up in the air with the road to Louth currently closed due to rain and some of the national parks closed for the same reason. Soo where are we heading , not sure but wherever we are heading it will be an adventure. So on day one we drove to Burren Junction where we spent our first night of our adventure at a truck stop  This is our new travelling Duo Reggie ( car) and Ruby ( van) we decided last year it was time to say good