Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Brandwood .....


this is for Susan , she asked for this post way back in March 2015 and yes ........ it has taken until now


so you remember way back here i organised a Nine patch block swap.  
well Susan asked me what i did with my block's, well with most of my block's i created  Brandwood. A gift for my sister for her Birthday.

I enlisted My Niece's 's help, they took sneaky photo's of my sisters bedroom so i knew what colours to choose and it turned out easy Purple (my favourite colour ) and a soft  green. so i choose a lovely reproduction purple with the assistance of the fabulous Cath and we were away....



Brandwood was pinned to the wall and over a period of time (about three months approximately ) it was slowly pieced together, i have many many photo's of the progression of the quilt and Mt T created  a lovely slide show for my sister showing the journey that her quilt travelled.


the design for this quilt was inspired by a quilt created  by the fabulous cardygirl. It's a simple on point design featuring both nine and four patch blocks. and had three borders. The quilt was about 86" x 86" completed.  I wanted to create something very traditional and i think Brandwood achieved this. 


this apparently is the only photo i took of this quilt with only the top completed.  The lovely Cristie machine quilted Brandwood for me. The quilt was gifted to my sister on the 1st of June 2014. I believe it is very cherished and i hope it will be a family heirloom.

My Niece was so thrilled with it that i was requested to make her a quilt for her recent wedding

Ciao

Googy Girl




6 comments:

shez said...

its beautiful Lea,what an awesome gift for your sister xx

Susan said...

I've been very slack with my blog reading lately so just as well I looked today! You did a wonderful job with the nine patches, love the layout you chose, and I am absolutely certain that your sister loves it. Thank you!

Chookyblue...... said...

well about time you got this one up..........
the quilt looks great.......so pleased it is loved.........

Deb R said...

looks gorgeous, need to put my together sigh...on the UFO list :)

Elyte said...

A beautiful quilt and a very special gift.

Jenny said...

That is a beautiful quilt Trish