Skip to main content

A life a little less exciting , but simply wonderful

wow it's taken me a while to sit down and write this post, and i have a myriad of excuses but to be honest i was feeling like . . . . well my life was a little less exciting after returning from Europe. no fabulous galleries visited, no ancient Archeological sites, no fabulous restaurants and bars or towns / cities filled with centuries of history.

returning home was wonderful, being with my family, my gorgeous friends and cuddling my adorable  dog Cooper.  i have even managed to celebrate a wonderful birthday. 

Initially i felt a little all over the place, trying to get back into familiar routines. this even followed through with my crafting doing little bits and pieces of everything


i spent a few hours working on my Hermence cross-stitch , by far not enough to meet my September deadline, but i ve decided deadline - smeadline i m enjoying working on this project and didn't want it to to become a chore due to a deadline, It's a lovely sampler and will fill some lovely cold winter afternoons and nights for a while to come . . . .  .

i even managed to squeeze in some work on my MSG quilt, no photo's as yet because i want to wait until my next workshop with Marg.


i started a new pair of socks for Miss M, knitting has always been my go to project when i am feeling tired and lack a great deal of concentrating ability and these socks were a blessing. i happily knitted  and caught up with my favourite television shows. don't you just love Jamie in Outlander


I used the magic sock method and knitted two at once (i taught myself this technique whilst in Europe)

I posted pictures of my progress on my Instagram page and just loved the comment by my gorgeous friend Fatquater bird that it looked like a bikini top for saggy Boobs . . .  . lol


this week the socks finally came off the needles and i loved knitting them. they are as i write this being blocked on my drying rack beside out lovely toasty fire.

I got my baking back on


and whipped up a batch of super delightful rosebud madeleines (recipe by Nigella Lawson) 
since i am watching my waistline i gifted most of them . . .  .

i also tried a shortbread recipe out and gifted most of them as well

and at last my super exciting news

i m doing a test knit for the delightful Truly Myrtle


(photo courtesy of truly Myrtle)

i discovered Truly Myrtle whilst lounging around in the airport Motel in Marseille. gadget was snoozing and i was knitting and  surfing instagram and someone mentioned listening to Truly Myrtle's podcast, i thought hmm that would be interesting to listen to. i downloaded a podcast and i was hooked, I ten started following Libby on her blog, Facebook and instagram and watched as she created the gorgeous hat above , which at this stage does nt  have a name as such but is referred to as the the chicken lady hat, it's a long story and you will need to read Libby's blog to understand.

anyway Libby asked for people to test her pattern i immediately private messaged her on Instagram and she very bravely accepted my offer and i am now officially a tester for Truly Myrtle


this is the super scrumptious wool i have chosen to knit the hat in and i decided since i am now a tester i would treat myself to a brand new set of knit pro interchangeable circular needles, a kind of belated birthday present to myself.

and finally i ve come to  realise that whilst i am leading a life a little less exciting it's none the less  pretty wonderful and definitely worth blogging about.


Au Revoir
Googy Girl

Comments

What a lovely post Trish and stunning Header! That looks like an apron in the background there which I also have! Wow congratulations on being a Tester....that must be so exciting! You Go Girl!
Anonymous said…
good morning Trish i enjoyed your post and wow how wonderful being a pattern tester and i love your friends comment about the saggy boob covers,lol,enjoy your day my friend xx
Susan said…
Glad your post adventure low didn't last too long. Even the every day can be wonderful, we just have to take the time to notice. Love the wool you have chosen, it's a gorgeous colour. Very exciting to be a taster, I'm sure you'll be brilliant at it. And happy belated birthday too. X
Janice said…
It's good to hear you are getting settled again after your wonderful travels. I'm looking forward to seeing how your new knitting project goes.
Fiona said…
so good to read you again..... it may have taken a bit of time to settle back but you have done heaps...... love the hat you are testing.... and if anything tempts me to knit more than a washcloth it will be socks
Hugz
Your life is just as exciting and we live in an amazing country.....it's just that we take it for granted.......

Popular posts from this blog

Toorale homestead - Louth

We set off from Bourke  , we had stayed the night at Kidmans camp , which was a lovely spot and headed off south to start the Datling River run. For the first few hours we didn’t see any river as our first destination was  TooraleHomestead The drive in was pretty good , lots of dust and a little bit of corrigation but really quite good  We seen some wildlife including an eagle  Bit blurry as it was taken through the windscreen of the car ,  Some Emu’s and kangaroos  The homestead itself is closed to the public except during school holidays ,so we didn’t get to go in but , we knew before we arrived that was the case and I was keen to see it anyway. Sir Samuel McCaughey in partnership with his Brother John and cousin purchased Toorale, Nocoleche and Dunlop station. Acquiring 800 000 acres of land and 130 000 sheep and 80 horses.  Eventually Samuel bought his brother and cousin out. He built the homestead in 1896 as a wedding gift to his niece. The golden years for the homestead were betw

Scrappy chook quilt

So I have been keeping this one under wraps, not on purpose mainly just because I have been a very lazy blogger. A few months ago, as most of you know I had a visit to chookyblue's place, whilst there I had the pleasure to sleep under some of her gorgeous quilts. But one in particular took my fancy I just loved the scrappiness of this quilt, the lovely colours but mainly just the simple design. So when I headed up to Nundle for my retreat, I sent the lovely Kerry a photo and she assured me she could pull together some lovely fabrics and guide me, to put this lovely quilt together. When I arrived at Nundle This lovely bundle of fabrics awaited me The girls and I used the black and white feature on the iPad to determine light medium and dark fabrics I spent 3/4 of the first day creating these squares, I think I frustrated Miss Joolz because I just could not be random, I had to be organised I didn't want to get end and end up wit

Burren junction - Brewarinna

Beds on Barwon We left Newcastle at a reasonable time on Friday morning not gadgets ( my husband) usual 4am start and headed west.  We really never planned this trip out as such we vaguely decided that sitting by a river with a fire was our plan , a chance to take a deep breathe and slow down our lives for a bit. Almost 13 years ago we were extremely fortunate to do the darling river run with some wonderful friends and thought that we would love to repeat that trip and hopefully see the Darling river with water this time.  However at this stage our plans are a little up in the air with the road to Louth currently closed due to rain and some of the national parks closed for the same reason. Soo where are we heading , not sure but wherever we are heading it will be an adventure. So on day one we drove to Burren Junction where we spent our first night of our adventure at a truck stop  This is our new travelling Duo Reggie ( car) and Ruby ( van) we decided last year it was time to say good