Skip to main content

The nest and a 30 day challenge

I first had my little nest quite a while ago, then lost it for a while and for the past few months this lovely little space has been myn again.


my old horn sewing machine cabinet is now my cutting station and that little pile you can see on the left is my current project pile, it's not very big but thats because most of my UFO projects are  packed away


this is my little sit and stitch corner, Jemima and Paddington are my favourite companions. Jemima was made when my girls were little and was recently re- dressed by my mum as a nurse using my old nursing uniforms. Paddington returned from England with me this year.



my sewing area is just as I wanted it, the table is our old dining room table, purchased by Mr Googy and I when we were first married, I just couldn't part with it and am glad I didn't because its a perfect sewing table, even down to the convenient draw that holds all my bibs and bobs that I need in the middle of stitching.

my ironing board moved into my room only recently 
and I love it being there already, even though it crowds the room a little



I will never be bored in my little nest, Mr T gifted me his old TV, our old dvd moved into my room when Mr Googy purchased a surround system which came with a blue ray / DVD player
and just because I am truely spoiled I even have Apple TV in my room so I have Stan and Netflix to keep my entertained.


but with all this fabulousness, 
the nest is somewhere I rarely spend time these days 
why?

I m not really sure
busyness . . . .
reluctance to leave Mr Googy alone of an evening . . . .
my interest in knitting has definetly been a contributor 
to my lack of time in spending time in the nest . . . 

recently in a fit of grumpiness I retreated to the nest and CLEANED

( I clean best when I am cranky)

and the amount of projects that were half done that I was still in love 
was huge

anyway this all co incided with a conversation with 


and resulted in the 
30 day sewing room challenge

the rules are simple 
we have to spend a minimum of 15 mins in our sewing rooms
every day for 30 days
we are sending each other images to prove we are meeting the requirements

so today I headed in to the nest for my day one


and this was the result, I was in there for probably an hour ,
during that time I batted up and started quilting 
my new cushion cover

it felt great being back in my cosy little space
and I really look forward to this challenge and seeing what I can achieve

I don't need therapy 
I just need to spend time with my sewing machine



see you soon

Googy Girl

Comments

Janice said…
Have fun in your sewing space, especially as it is even nice and clean. I wonder what you will create?
go girl......I thought I agreed to 10.........you can do 15...........lol........
Jenny said…
Its nice to reclaim. Hope you gets lots done.
Anita said…
I long for the day I can have a nest! Good on you for committing to sewing every day...I think I need to do this.....I had a huge clean out last week.....and of course found so many projects...started and Unstarted! Lol
Susan said…
I think Mr Googy needs to get involved in something so you can leave him alone and spend time in your nest. The 10 minutes a day is a great step forward..
Clare said…
I think this challenge is a great idea. I`m trying to get another project bag done. Plus plenty of UFO`s and new ones that have come on board. One of our cat`s `Peanut` has taken over my stitching chair but not the sewing machine one. Happy Stitching.

Popular posts from this blog

Toorale homestead - Louth

We set off from Bourke  , we had stayed the night at Kidmans camp , which was a lovely spot and headed off south to start the Datling River run. For the first few hours we didn’t see any river as our first destination was  TooraleHomestead The drive in was pretty good , lots of dust and a little bit of corrigation but really quite good  We seen some wildlife including an eagle  Bit blurry as it was taken through the windscreen of the car ,  Some Emu’s and kangaroos  The homestead itself is closed to the public except during school holidays ,so we didn’t get to go in but , we knew before we arrived that was the case and I was keen to see it anyway. Sir Samuel McCaughey in partnership with his Brother John and cousin purchased Toorale, Nocoleche and Dunlop station. Acquiring 800 000 acres of land and 130 000 sheep and 80 horses.  Eventually Samuel bought his brother and cousin out. He built the homestead in 1896 as a wedding gift to his niece. The golden years for the homestead were betw

Scrappy chook quilt

So I have been keeping this one under wraps, not on purpose mainly just because I have been a very lazy blogger. A few months ago, as most of you know I had a visit to chookyblue's place, whilst there I had the pleasure to sleep under some of her gorgeous quilts. But one in particular took my fancy I just loved the scrappiness of this quilt, the lovely colours but mainly just the simple design. So when I headed up to Nundle for my retreat, I sent the lovely Kerry a photo and she assured me she could pull together some lovely fabrics and guide me, to put this lovely quilt together. When I arrived at Nundle This lovely bundle of fabrics awaited me The girls and I used the black and white feature on the iPad to determine light medium and dark fabrics I spent 3/4 of the first day creating these squares, I think I frustrated Miss Joolz because I just could not be random, I had to be organised I didn't want to get end and end up wit

Burren junction - Brewarinna

Beds on Barwon We left Newcastle at a reasonable time on Friday morning not gadgets ( my husband) usual 4am start and headed west.  We really never planned this trip out as such we vaguely decided that sitting by a river with a fire was our plan , a chance to take a deep breathe and slow down our lives for a bit. Almost 13 years ago we were extremely fortunate to do the darling river run with some wonderful friends and thought that we would love to repeat that trip and hopefully see the Darling river with water this time.  However at this stage our plans are a little up in the air with the road to Louth currently closed due to rain and some of the national parks closed for the same reason. Soo where are we heading , not sure but wherever we are heading it will be an adventure. So on day one we drove to Burren Junction where we spent our first night of our adventure at a truck stop  This is our new travelling Duo Reggie ( car) and Ruby ( van) we decided last year it was time to say good