Skip to main content

Up to date and a New project or was it a work in progress???

 Well i finally did it i got myself up to date with my Stitch a long, as many of you will remember i started about six weeks after the official start date...... but with 48 hours to spare, thanks to night duty i have caught up with all of the stitch a long blocks up to May completed.....







. . . seven of seven. . . .

The Itch got the better of me . . . i have a new project or technically since i have had the fabric since before  Christmas it is a work in progress ( thanks for that suggestion Lyn . . . . . LOL) 



and in typical me fashion is it a 
table runner?                                                 No
is it a simple little bag?                                   No
a pillow or a wall hanging                              No
it's a full size quilt    yep that makes Four full size quilts in progress 


This is the Fabric that caught my eye, i ended up purchasing $80 worth from the range


i have need to admit at this point it has been ages since i have done piecing (other than the stitch a long) and this is my first fully pieced, no applique at all quilt that i have made in ages . . . . .and i am really loving it. . . . . 
it will also be fully machine quilted, so it should be finished in no time. . . . . . .lots and lots of laughter here


Now to come up with a name . . . .
oh i guess you guys don't know that about me but i name almost everything . . . 
my car is Katie Scarlett (she is red, the girls came up with scarlet, gone with the wind . . . know where i am going?)
the house is Bramasole (Italian for to seek the sun. . . . . . from the movie under a Tuscan sun) Gadget's car is "the Prado" i know original Huh . . . it's a Prado, My old Car was Paris and the car before that Charlie and my first car was gem. all my quilts have names of course, it took ages to come up with a name for our dog and in the end Gadget seen a beer truck go past and suggested Cooper after the beer so my dog is named after a beer brand . . . .so i guess names are what i do . . . . just so you know i haven't named the kettle, toaster or dishwasher.

On the weekend Gadget (dh) was foolishly allowed to go to the camping show unchaperoned by myself, even worse he went with our camping buddies and his co-gadget fan (Burning Coite).  He promised that there would be no purchases , so the deal was struck . . . . . whatever he spent at the camping show i would get to spend at the Craft show in Sydney . . . . well to cut a long story short i have $240 to spend . . . . . plus my own spending money i have saved . . . .I think the craft show is going to be great fun (rubbing hands together)


anyway i guess i am in a chatty mood tonight

hope your hands are working on something that you love
Catch you later

Patricia




Comments

love the fabric bundle...can't wait to see the quilt develop...........shame dh didn't get carried away more at the show........but thats a good budget.......25 sleeps til the quilt show..........
Cardygirl said…
Great blocks...love your fabrics too...see you at Darling Harbour!
Wow, this will be a stunner....looking forward to seeing it grow....You should have let DH buy a tent, caravan, or something else very expensive!!!....lol....can't wait to be there to see what you buy...not long now...Chooky said 25 sleeps and that was yesterday, so it must be 24 now.......woo hoo...
Lyn said…
Your off to a great start on your "work in progress" will watch out for its progress. I'm sure you will have lots of fun at the Craft show spending all that extra money!!!
Anita said…
Love the fabric for the quilts. Imagine how much you would have to spend if hubby bought a caravan LOL
See you at the show!
Trish your blocks look great ...love the fabric...

Popular posts from this blog

Toorale homestead - Louth

We set off from Bourke  , we had stayed the night at Kidmans camp , which was a lovely spot and headed off south to start the Datling River run. For the first few hours we didn’t see any river as our first destination was  TooraleHomestead The drive in was pretty good , lots of dust and a little bit of corrigation but really quite good  We seen some wildlife including an eagle  Bit blurry as it was taken through the windscreen of the car ,  Some Emu’s and kangaroos  The homestead itself is closed to the public except during school holidays ,so we didn’t get to go in but , we knew before we arrived that was the case and I was keen to see it anyway. Sir Samuel McCaughey in partnership with his Brother John and cousin purchased Toorale, Nocoleche and Dunlop station. Acquiring 800 000 acres of land and 130 000 sheep and 80 horses.  Eventually Samuel bought his brother and cousin out. He built the homestead in 1896 as a wedding gift to his niece. The golden years for the homestead were betw

Scrappy chook quilt

So I have been keeping this one under wraps, not on purpose mainly just because I have been a very lazy blogger. A few months ago, as most of you know I had a visit to chookyblue's place, whilst there I had the pleasure to sleep under some of her gorgeous quilts. But one in particular took my fancy I just loved the scrappiness of this quilt, the lovely colours but mainly just the simple design. So when I headed up to Nundle for my retreat, I sent the lovely Kerry a photo and she assured me she could pull together some lovely fabrics and guide me, to put this lovely quilt together. When I arrived at Nundle This lovely bundle of fabrics awaited me The girls and I used the black and white feature on the iPad to determine light medium and dark fabrics I spent 3/4 of the first day creating these squares, I think I frustrated Miss Joolz because I just could not be random, I had to be organised I didn't want to get end and end up wit

Burren junction - Brewarinna

Beds on Barwon We left Newcastle at a reasonable time on Friday morning not gadgets ( my husband) usual 4am start and headed west.  We really never planned this trip out as such we vaguely decided that sitting by a river with a fire was our plan , a chance to take a deep breathe and slow down our lives for a bit. Almost 13 years ago we were extremely fortunate to do the darling river run with some wonderful friends and thought that we would love to repeat that trip and hopefully see the Darling river with water this time.  However at this stage our plans are a little up in the air with the road to Louth currently closed due to rain and some of the national parks closed for the same reason. Soo where are we heading , not sure but wherever we are heading it will be an adventure. So on day one we drove to Burren Junction where we spent our first night of our adventure at a truck stop  This is our new travelling Duo Reggie ( car) and Ruby ( van) we decided last year it was time to say good